Friday, December 30, 2011

Tralin Arendu - Brand-Shei

*contains spoilers about the Brand-Shei quest*

One day, Tralin was going to Riften to sell some armor she made.
She walked up to the dark elf where she usually sells her stuff, and greeted him.
After selling some hides and armor she asks about his name.
He said: "My name is Brand-Shei". She responded "Brand-Shei? That's an unusual name for a dark elf!"
Brand-Shei said: "I may be dark elf by birth, but I was raised argonian. Through reasons I'm still trying to discover, I am an orphan, I was discovered by a kind argonian family. I hope that I one day find out how that happened to me."
Tralin asked: "Do you have any clues about your origin?"
Brand-Shei answered: "Yes, when my argonian father found me, I was wrapped in a blanket with the signs of the Telvani house, wich was a very powerful house a long time ago. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm a Telvani."
"But why did you search in skyrim?"
"I learned that a matron from the house Telvani escaped from Morrowind to Skyrim in the accession war. Records show that she bought passage on a sailing ship called "The Pride Of Tel Vos", but I ended up empty handed after searching many years."

She remembered that she heard of a sunken ship just north-east of Winterhold, and decided to travel there.
She went to Greenwall first, to store the unneeded gear and get travel-ready.
After storing her gear in Greenwall, she went back to Riften, to hire a carriage that will get her to Winterhold.

Then, after arriving in Winterhold, she headed north-east.
The cold burned her feet, hands and face, it seemed that just wearing a robe some shoes just wasn't enough to keep her warm in this cold. She arrived at the shore, the ice cold water waist deep, burning her skin through the thin robe. But she had to go on, she needed to find out where Brand-Shei came from. After a long and cold swim she arrived at a ship which collided with a small Island. On that island were two bandits, the first one was hit by a lightning bolt directly in the chest, he flew about 2 meters before collapsing on the island. The second one charged towards Tralin, but he didn't last long against her sword and lightning. She advanced towards the ship, and saw a chest inside. But before she could open the chest, she was attacked by a bandit chief. Tralin fired her lightning, but it didn't affect the bandit much, the chief was just staggered. But then, after a few health potions and a few strikes of her sword, the chief lay dead on the ground. Tralin opened the chest, and found a book entitled "Lymdenn Telvanni's Journal". She read it, and it described Brand-Shei as the last heir of the Telvanni house, and it names him Brandyl.

Tralin immediately heads back to Riften and gives Brand Shey (Brandyl) the book.
He thanks her, and even gives her the key to his strongbox where he keeps some stuff.
After Tralin took some garnets from the box, she talked to Brand-Shei. He said: "An amulet of mara? You're looking for marriage, then?"
Tralin responds: "Yes, I do. And I you're interested in me, aren't you?"
Brand-Shei answers: "I won't lie, I am."
Tralin: "And I won't lie either. I am interested in you, too."
Brand-Shei: "Then it is settled. We shall marry. Talk to the priest in the temple."

Tralin went to the temple, and told the Priest, Marmal, that she wanted to have a wedding.
He told her to wait till dawn, then everyone would gather. So she waited till dawn, and Brand-Shei and all her friends came. Marmal asked them if they wanted to live together and server each other, till death do them part. They both responded with yes.

After the ceremony, Tralin asked Brand-Shei if he could move in with her, live with her at Fort Greenwall.
Now they are both home, and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment